Fall River County Weed & Pest Board Meeting
January 8, 2019
The Fall River County Weed and Pest Board meeting was called to order by President Jerry Wyatt at 1:07 pm January 8, 2019 at the Fall River County South Annex meeting room. Attending members were Joe Falkenburg, Bob Novotny, John Sides, and Nina Steinmetz. Also in attendance was Paul Nabholz, Susan Watts, and Susan Henderson. All motions unanimous unless otherwise stated. Motion to approve the agenda and minutes of the last meeting were made by Joe Falkenburg and seconded by John Sides.
Old Business: Nina Steinmetz did an end of the year 2018 report and update 2019.
New Business: John Sides motioned to purchase a prairie dog baiter for county use and for lease. Bob Novotny seconded the motion. Leasing rate will be per day with a returnable deposit.
Bob Novotny made a motion to retain the 2018 officers for 2019 and John Sides seconded the motion. Officers are as follows: Jerry Wyatt, President; John Sides, Vice-President; Nina Steinmetz, Secretary.
The Weed and Pest staff will be attending the following events:
• Range Day - Chadron State College – Jan 15, 2019 – 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
• Pipeline Safety Program: Jan. 24, 2019 – 5:30 p.m. - American Legion, Hot Springs
• Black Hills Stock Show State Weed and Pest Booth- Jan. 29, 2019, Tuesday - 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Weather permitting – Supervisor only.
• State Weed and Pest Conference 2019 – Feb. 19-22, 2019 – Huron, SD – Bob Novotny/Nina Steinmetz
• Private Applicators Recertification: Feb 28, 2019 - 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. – Hot Springs, Fall River County South Annex meeting room.
• Supervisor Recertification class: Tuesday, Feb. 5, 2019 – 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. – Rapid City
There will be no February meeting. The next meeting will be March 5, 2019 at 2:00 p.m. at the Fall River County Weed and Pest Office/ South Annex. Meeting was adjourned.
Nina Steinmetz, Secretary
Published once at the total approximate cost of $27.09
Published: Jan. 17, 2019