Fall River Water Users District
Board of Directors Regular Meeting
Tuesday, February 13, 2018 at 1:00 p.m.
District Conference Room - Oral, SD 57766
Chairman Quivey called the meeting to order.
Directors Present: Cam Seger, Dennis Quivey, Mick Jenniges, Jim Ginsbach, Josh Rickenbach and Ron Trent. Others Present: General Manager, Keith Neugebauer
All motions are considered unanimous unless otherwise stated.
Motion by Trent to approve the Agenda with addition. Seconded by Jenniges.
Chairman Quivey called for Conflicts of Interest. There was one with Quivey as a member of the Oelrichs Rodeo Club
Motion by Seger to approve the minutes of the Regular Meeting, January 13, 2018 with corrections. Seconded by Trent.
Chairman Quivey called for public comments. There were none.
Motion by Trent to approve Treasurers Report and approve payment of bills in the amount of $66,537.12 from the Water Service Fund. Seconded by Rickenbach.
WATER SERVICE FUND: Badger Meter, $1,391.94, Dues Readers; Builders First Source, $94.10, Maint/Repairs; Black Hills Electric Coop, $1,493.73, Electricity; Black Hills Energy, $3,372.45, Electricity; Cantrell, Misti, $75.00, Janitorial; Cheyenne Sanitation, $38.46, Garbage Service/House Rubble; Core and Main, $2,687.02, Maint. Supplies; Conger, Lesta, $78.00, Board Meeting Attendance Fees; Culligan Water, $23.00, Office Supplies; Dearborn Naional Live Insurance Co., $37.80, Insurance; Diesel Machiner Inc, $1,550.00, Equipment Rental; Debt Service Fund, $4,060.00, RDLoan - Swell pymt; Debt Service Fund, $3,438.00, RDLoan North Expansion pymt; Debt Service Fund, $3,163.00, RDLoan-NWell-pymt; Debt Service Fund, $4,237.59, SRF Payment; Debt Service Fund, $2,904.00, RDLoan-System Impv-pymt ; DGR, $141.00, Engineering/Smithwick; Donna Denker & Associates, $220.75, Accounting; Fall River Auto, $45.95, Auto Maint.; Fall River Water Users Dist., $5,000.00, Debt Service ; Fall River Water Users Dist., $5,000.00, Savings BHFCU; Fall River Water Users Dist, $1,200.00, Vehicle Replacement; First Interstate Master Card, $148.32, Auto Fuel; First Interstate Master Card, $120.16, Office Supplies; First Interstate Master Card, $56.14, Postage; Golden West Telecom, $566.98, Phone Service; Ginsbach, James, $88.00, Board Meeting Attendance Fees; Grainger, $145.92, Maint. Supplies; Hot Springs Ace Hardware, $265.83, Maint. Supplies; IDT Informational Data Tech, $270.00, Dues/Readers; Jenniges, Mick, $71.00, Board Meeting Attendance Fees; Maverick Tire and Auto, $620.39, Auto Maint.; Meter Technology Solutions, $1,411.77, Maintance/Meters; Northwest Pipe Fittings, $2,508.16, Maint. Supplies; Nelson Oil & Gas Inc, $502.52, Fuel; Office Depot, $173.33, Supplies; NRWA Rural Water Association, $49.00, Dues; Payroll, $14,658.37, Gross Employee Payroll; Rapid City Journal, $8.75, Publications; Quivey, Dennis, $80.00, Board Meeting Attendance Fees; Seger, Cam, $80.00, Board Meeting Attendance Fees; SD One Call, $6.72, Locates; SD Retirement/Contributions, $2,072.75, Employee Compensation; Trent, Ron, $81.00, Board Meeting Attendance Fees; Verizon, $176.71, Maint/Repairs; Wellmark BCBS, $2,123.51, Health Insurance; Total: $66,537.12
Manager Neugebauer reported to the Board on the following:
1) Rust spots have been ground, primed and repainted on both BSP1 and BSP2.
2) Outdoor maintenance has been slow with the cold weather.
3) Contact has been made with our engineers and funding agencies concerning our distribution system and current funding rates.
4) Keith attended the Manager’s meeting in Pierre the end of January. RD and DENR had presentations on available funding and financing.
5) New brakes were put on and the transmission serviced on the 2011 F250. It has 125,000 miles on it now
1) Motion by Jenniges to transfer Paha Sapa Longhorns meter to Scott Harkless on E South Shore Rd. Seconded by Rickenbach.
2) Water provisions for the Oelrichs Rodeo Club were discussed with no changes made.
3) Motion by Rickenbach to pursue engineering options to obtain a pressure increase near the SD/NE stateline. Seconded by Ginsbach
4) Motion by Jenniges to have all storage tanks cleaned and inspected by a professional third party over the next 5 years. Seconded by Trent.
5) Motion by Jenniges to declare the Fall River Herald the official newspaper of the Fall River Water Users District.
Old Business: None
Motion to go into executive session at 3:05 p.m. by Jenniges. Seconded by Rickenbach
Out of Executive session at 3:10 p.m.
Motion to adjourn by Jenniges and seconded by Rickenbach.
Board Vice President
Published once at the total approximate cost of $57.33
Published: May 10, 2018